Monday, August 2, 2010

You can do it

Procrastination.
When I was a kid, I never knew the meaning of this word. But as I developed into an ambitious pre-teen I was faced with the ambivalence of having fun and having it done. Would I be able to have both? Yes, yes you can say it was the age old have your cake and eat it too. In middle school, I was introduced to words and phrases such as "mandatory", "rude awakening" and "standardized". There in the very small quarters of my middle school, I realized that I had to crack down.
Reassured that everything would work out I still worried about the homework assignments and tests I now smile over.
It was not til high school and later in college that I believed in these words. Everything will work out. You have to trust yourself which is the biggest lesson of follow through. You must believe that what you put your mind to will essentially follow you.
This isn't an easy thing but with a laugh, I have and continue to find my way.

Here is a funny skit Ellen DeGeneres made while on a stand up tour
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU-0bF_sSas

No comments:

Post a Comment