Wednesday, November 10, 2010

how to discover friends again

Yes, I know it has been a while since my last post. But I have not forgotten about becoming an adventurer. In fact, while I have not been posting I have been trying to take a look at the things I have thus far found.
Remembering my last post and letting it take me to November, I started showing up. Meaning I honored my goals and tried to appreciate each place I was one step at a time. Many times when I feel that I am facing an obstacle I try to remove the unpleasant feeling. But now I am trying to do something different.
Pictures fade, song dials on the radio fade to a new song, transitions in movies switch to other scenes, even beauty is said to fade. We don't always notice a clear ending but know that it will come.  The last second before the slow and things fade. Therefore, even an unpleasant notion such as studying for a test, getting stuck in traffic, even hurt will go.

As I am doing so, letting go, I feel a better sense of what I want to cling to. I am not saying that I feel any less pain when situations do not go the way I would have hoped but I do feel calm. I do feel like I know I am someone who can be in a better place soon.

I've recently re-discovered my love of friends. appreciation for the people who surround themselves with me and so even if I go on an adventure by myself, I am not truly going alone.
In tying this together, I've also started watching the television show Friends. I began with the first episode and was able to see the show in a new way. Here are a group of friends who are likable because of their transitions and imperfections. The show is a progression of relationships, the links to others in how we start to plan. I am enjoying the series now even more so then when it aired because I am looking for an understanding in addition to a laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment